- Investigations of traffic accidents
- Addresses signage, traffic control devices
- Speeding complaints
- School guards
The primary responsibilities of the Traffic Unit are to provide our citizens,
whether walking or driving, a safe environment. This is accomplished through education,
engineering and enforcement. In order to obtain these goals we strive to meet the
- Providing speakers at school and community events, addressing community concerns
and safety issues while providing available educational literature.
- Reduce the number of fatalities and serious injury crashes caused by hazardous moving
- Concentrate on school zone enforcement.
- Conduct proactive radar enforcement
- Monitor those areas where crashes frequently occur and coordinate with certified
engineers in seeking solutions to eliminate them.
- Address citizen complaints concerning traffic laws, ordinances and handicap parking
Included in the Traffic Unit are the Parking Violation Officers (PVO’s) and
the School Crossing Guards.
Information at your fingertips:
-The Parking Violations Officers enforce all municipal parking violations on township
- The civilian school crossing guards are assigned school posts throughout the township
during school hours and keep children and adults safe while traveling to and from
- This two-man unit is assigned to the Traffic Unit and is responsible for the monitoring and enforcement of traffic violations throughout this township.